If your child is either going to be absent for the entire day or late for any reason, please contact the school in one of three ways:
- Call the school attendance line at 703-641-8282 before 9:00 a.m.
- Email us at: WoodburnElem.Attendance@fcps.edu
- Use our online attendance form.
During after-school hours, a 24-hour answering machine will record your message. If the school does not receive a notification from the parent, the absence will be considered unverified.
- Illness of the student, death in the family, doctor’s or dentist’s appointments and observance of a religious holiday.
- Family trips, childcare situations, non-school related activities, or missed school bus.
- Any child who is absent from school for 15 consecutive days or more must be withdrawn from our enrollment. Upon the child’s return, the parent must again officially enroll him/her.