Empowerment and love of learning are achieved by the following means:
- Holding high expectations for each child
- Collaborating to plan and deliver high-quality instruction for each student
- Assessing individual student needs
- Providing challenging but differentiated, active and interactive learning experiences
- Enriching these experiences with current technology and fine/communicative arts strategies
- Intentional promoting of good character
The mission of Woodburn School for the Fine & Communicative Arts is to empower students to be responsible citizens, creative thinkers and passionate life-long learners. To achieve our mission, staff is ever focused on moving toward its vision of its ideal, best school community an inclusive and safe environment in which learning is the primary focus, both for students and adults.