School Innovation & Improvement Plan
School Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
2020-2021 School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Woodburn Elementary School
Katy Richman, Principal
Bridget Louder, Assistant Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Reading for All Students
By the end of the 2020-2021 school year, the number of students reading on benchmark will increase by 20% using the DRA for grades K-2 and the Fountas & Pinnell for grades 3-6.
Woodburn teams will utilize the CLT cycle (plan, teach, assess, reflect) to provide highly effective literacy instruction that is accessible to all students.
Woodburn teachers will engage all students through the use of enriching literacy experiences in order to develop thoughtful, independent readers.
Woodburn teachers will work collaboratively to monitor ongoing formative and summative assessment data and determine appropriate literacy learning for each individual student.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Reading for Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners (ESOL)
By the end of the 2020-2021 school year, the percentage of students with disabilities and/or English Language Learners who receive AAP level 2 services or higher will increase by at least 20% in grades K-6.
- The Woodburn community will develop a strong understanding of the Gifted Behaviors Rating Scale in order to recognize these behaviors in all subgroups of students and provide equitable practices.
- Woodburn teachers will effectively learn about, plan for, and implement rigorous learning experiences across disciplines in order to increase access to new opportunities for all students.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: Discipline Referrals
By June 2021, 30% of students who began the school year receiving a Tier II and Tier III behavior will have decreased by at least one tier of support.
- All teachers (classroom teachers, support teachers, and specialists) will continue to implement Responsive Classroom practices.
- The Student Support Team (Counselors, Social Worker, Psychologist, BIT, and, when appropriate, the Parent Liaison) will provide targeted social and emotional support to students and teachers.
- Woodburn staff will collaborate to ensure that all students are supported socially and emotionally.