Translate this page
The Woodburn PTA is a group of families, teachers, and community members that want the best for students at here at Woodburn. Our goal is to make sure our families are connected to the school. We provide opportunities for volunteering because we know that when parents are involved at school, children go farther.
Collectively we work to provide academic and arts enrichment opportunities. And to promote social, emotional, and physical wellness at school and beyond. We are committed to advocating for all of Woodburn’s students.
When parents, school staff, students, and the community work together, the students win.
Meet the PTA Board and Committee Chairs
2021-2022 Woodburn PTA Board
- Katie Sessa - PTA President
- Bridgette Walsh - Vice President
- Abby Jenkins - Secretary
- Dan McGarry - Treasurer
Access Our Family Directory
The Woodburn family directory is now updated and available! We hope that this directory will help you to connect with other families and strengthen our Woodburn community. You can find the directory inside Schoology. Only Woodburn families will have access to the directory. Directions for accessing the directory within Schoology are below.
1. Parents and caregivers, login to Schoology at lms.fcps.edu.Parents/caregivers use the same username and password as their Student Information System (SIS) Parent account to log in. You won't be able to login to Schoology unless you have activated your SIS Parent account. Forgot Password?
2. Find the Woodburn Parent Course inside your Schoology Course Dashboard. Click on the name of the course to enter.
3. Inside the Woodburn Parent Course, click the PTA Family Directory folder. Inside the folder you will find two files. One lists all students alphabetically. The other is grouped by grade level and class.
FCPS Cares is an opportunity for parents, staff, and community members to recognize FCPS employees for going above and beyond to help others and show they care. We invite you to submit your story so we can all acknowledge the good work of FCPS employees.
Business and Community Partners
The Business and Community Partnerships office’s primary functions are to recruit and supports Ignite Partnerships, serve as a liaison to local Chambers of Commerce and other community organizations, help lead the annual Collect for Kids school supply drive, manage the FCPS Donations Portal for donated goods, and promote the Savings for Staff merchant discount program.
In the last decade, the Business & Community Partnerships team has helped secure over ten million dollars in donations of money and valued goods through partnerships and direct donations, not including the value of volunteer hours contributed by partners and mentors.
Volunteers are essential to the success of Fairfax County Public Schools. Many enriching and worthwhile experiences are afforded to our children through the volunteer help from parents. Every day, volunteers change the lives of students across FCPS and we offer several ways for people in the community to get involved.